What Your Support Makes Possible
The NJ Sharing Network Foundation awards grants to honor those who gave, pay tribute to those who received, offer hope to those who continue to wait, and remember the lives lost while waiting... for the Gift of Life.
The grants we award fall under four main categories: Research, Family Services, Public Education and Awareness and Outreach
To apply for a grant, please request an application by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are some examples of how your generosity is making a difference.
Clinical Advancement and Research
- Advanced technical training for NJ Sharing Network transplant coordinators, family support and clinical staff.
- Educational programs for nurses, physicians and other key hospital staff.
- Three-year study in the molecular immunology of clinical organ transplantation at our state of the art laboratory.
- The Landscape of Life, located at NJ Sharing Network Headquarters, is a special place that honors organ and tissue donors, transplant recipients, members of the community, and also acknowledges contributions made in their honor or memory.
- Organ and tissue donor memorials established at local hospitals.
- Shawls provided to donor families handmade by volunteers as a tangible expression of comfort and compassion. Learn more about becoming a NJ Sharing Network Volunteer.
- Riley’s Dance, a program of the NJ Sharing Network Foundation, provides crisis funding for new transplant recipients and those patients waiting.
- Sponsoring a pediatric transplant recipient to attend Kidney Camp.
- Exhibit on organ and tissue donation and translation at Liberty Science Center.
- High School and College education programs.
- Publication of a children’s book, Lily's Little Life Lessons, about a little girl who gave the gift of life through organ and tissue donation. Available in English and Spanish. Email email@example.com to request a copy.
- Scholarships are awarded to high school seniors entering college whose lives have been impacted by organ and tissue donation. Find out more about the Benjamin R. Chirls Scholarship and other scholarship opportunities.
Awareness and Outreach
- 5K Celebration of Life held annually at two locations. Find out more about the 5K.
- Team Liberty, a program of the NJ Sharing Network Foundation, represents NJ/NY/CT at the Transplant Games of America.
- Donor families and recipients are honored on the Donate Life Float at the Rose Parade in Pasadena, CA. Learn more about the Rose Parade.
- Donate Life Month activities and programs take place throughout April. Learn more about National Donate Life Month and how you can spread awareness in your community.