Opt-In for Life Scholarship in Memory of Joseph David Fischbach, Jr.
Opt-In for Life is a nonprofit organization created by a group of students from Glen Rock High School, located in Glen Rock, NJ. Our organization was formed in 2011, shortly after a community member received a life saving heart transplant.
We are dedicated to raising awareness about organ donation and committed to increasing the number of registered donors.
Our hope is to educate the community about the life-saving benefits of organ and tissue donation and transplantation and to get people registered.
Opt-In for Life established the Joseph David Fischbach, Jr. Memorial Scholarship to honor those who have chosen to donate life and have given hope to those that wait.
2013 Scholarship Information
Opt-In for Life will be awarding a one-time, non-renewable gift of $1,500.00 to a college-bound high school senior whose life has been touched in some way by organ donation or transplantation. To be considered, the applicant must meet the criteria outlined below and submit all required documentation. The scholarship award will be sent directly to the college or university in the student’s name.
- Submit an essay of 500 words or less detailing how organ donation and/or transplantation affected your life.
- Provide copy of current high school transcript.
- Provide proof of U.S. citizenship (copy of birth certificate/passport/etc.).
- Provide copy of acceptance letter from college or university.
- Provide 2 letters of recommendation from non-family members.
- Complete and submit 2013 scholarship application.
Download the Opt-in for Life Scholarship Application