NJ Sharing Network Foundation Scholarship
The NJ Sharing Network Foundation is pleased to announce the availability of one NJ Sharing Network Foundation Scholarship in the amount of $4,000 ($2,000 per semester) for the 2015-2016 academic year. The scholarship awardee must be an awareness advocate who is personally affected or is a family member of someone personally affected by organ and tissue donation and transplantation (i.e.: organ and/or tissue donor, living donor, transplant recipient, waiting for a transplant, or died waiting for a transplant).
NJ Sharing Network Foundation supports the work of NJ Sharing Network to increase the number of lives saved through education, research and public awareness about the life-saving benefits of transplantation. The scholarship is awarded to honor those who gave, pay tribute to those who received, offer hope to those who continue to wait, and remember the lives lost while waiting… for the gift of life.
- Student must be a New Jersey resident
- Student must be a full time high school senior, who will be entering college
- Student must be an awareness advocate who is personally affected or is a family member of someone personally affected by organ and tissue donation and transplantation.
- Student must be in top 50% of class
- Employees of NJSN or the NJSN Foundation, their spouse and/or children are not eligible for scholarship consideration
- Board Members of NJSN and the NJSN Foundation, their spouse and/or children are not eligible for scholarship consideration
Application Requirement Checklist:
☐ Three letters of Recommendation
We ask that your involvement in donor awareness activities be highlighted; a letter from a supervisor of that organization would be helpful.
*NJ Sharing Network or Foundation personnel are not eligible to write letters of recommendation.
☐ Current Transcript
Be sure to include rank and CEEB scores
☐ Essay about organ and/or tissue donation
How organ and tissue donation has impacted your life, knowledge of organ and tissue donation, active participation in awareness events, etc. Hint: Organ and tissue donation awareness involves educating the general public about the importance of donation. You should elaborate on your activities to promote organ, tissue and eye donation as donor awareness advocacy is the major factor in determining the scholarship award.
After completing this application electronically, please print and mail to the address below with all requested application requirements and paperwork: NJ Sharing Network Foundation, Attn: M. Barlow, 691 Central Avenue, New Providence, NJ 07974
- All the above application requirements must be met in full.
- All paperwork must be submitted in one single packet.
- Applications which do not meet these requirements will be considered incomplete and applicants will be ineligible.
DOWNLOAD THE 2015-16 SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
Deadline: Must be received or postmarked be Friday, May 22, 2015.
Notification to successful applicant: July 2015.
*There will be a reception to announce the successful awardee on July 9th, 2015. Please save the date as attendance is required.
The decision of the Scholarship Committee is final.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any difficulty accessing the application.
Funding Requirements: The Awardee of this scholarship will receive the scholarship funds in two payments; one in October and one in April. The award will be paid directly to the school. Receipt of the second half of the award will be contingent upon submission of a brief report (1 typed page) describing your recent achievements and activities involving organ and tissue donation advocacy, which will be due in February. A school transcript will be required at that time. A minimum of a C average, or its equivalent, will be required for receipt of the second half of the award.
Congratulations to 2014-2015 scholarship awardee Brian Mansfield of New Providence, NJ.
Read his inspiring story.